New-build benefit for Oswestry SchoolFebruary 16, 2012
ONE of the oldest independent schools in the country has adopted one of the newest types of construction.
Founded in 1407, Oswestry School commissioned a new modular construction eight-bedroom boarding block for its Guinevere House from local builders, JR. Pickstock Ltd, part of the Pickstock Group.
The high quality room pods, each complete with an ensuite bathroom and connecting corridor, were constructed by JR. Pickstock Ltd’s sister company Elements Europe off-site at its factory on the Mile Oak Industrial Estate.
Managing Director, of both companies, Andy Jones explains: “The modules were built in our Oswestry factory, with installation on August 23 and the completed building was handed over the school ready for the new term on September 5. We are proud of the quality and delivery of this scheme which will greatly benefit the school and its pupils.”
Oswestry School’s Headmaster Douglas Robb adds: “We are delighted with the scheme and the professionalism and attention to detail of the contractors and their staff. It has been a pleasure to do business with JR. Pickstock Ltd as they completed the scheme to budget, to a high specification and to a tight schedule.”
The accommodation block is just one of a series of developments at the school with new staff and student study areas, redecoration and refurbishment and new laptops for the IT suite. Earlier in the year, JR Pickstock Ltd built a Headmaster’s house at the school.